How to Remove Jeep Wrangler Doors
With summer approaching a lot of drivers are looking to get their Jeep Wrangler ready for the hot weather by removing the vehicle’s doors and top. This guide from Peppers Automotive will give you step-by-step instructions for how to remove the doors on your Jeep Wrangler.
Read more: 2019 Jeep Wrangler Interior Overview
Six Steps to Removing Wrangler Doors
- Prepare the doors by rolling down the windows and folding the side mirrors flat against the door. You can fold them by pressing them in towards the door. Lay out a blanket on the floor for the doors to lay on once they are removed.
- Remove the black safety strap located on the inside of the door. This is what pulls tight and keeps the door from swinging open too far. Remove it by unhooking it from the inside of your vehicle – the end attached to the door will stay connected to the door.
- On Jeep models with power windows and locks there will be a group of wires connecting the doors to the underside of the dashboard. There is a release on the connection that you press and pull apart to disconnect the wiring but be careful to avoid breaking the clip.
- Locate the outer bolts on the door hinges that connect the door to the vehicle. Close the door without latching it and use a 13-millimeter socket and wrench to remove the nuts at the bottom of each bolt. The bolts are painted to match the vehicle’s exterior so be careful not to harm their coloring.
- Reach into the open window and grab the door handle on the inside and outside of the door. Pull straight up until the bolts are out of the hinge brackets. Place the door interior-side down onto the blanket
- If you choose to store the doors vertically on a wall it is recommended that you cover them with a blanket to prevent damage.
Removing the doors on your Wrangler brings the sunshine and summer into your Jeep. Find your next Wrangler in the Peppers Automotive online inventory.